so far, one of the greatest albums of the year was made by maria and ebba. they first appear to me in 2008 as a day breaking into an unknown ladscape filled with fog. that's the feeling i get when i hear to their songs. now they have a debut album released on luxury records and the feeling remains. their are palpitation and they come from sweden. today they talk to us and let us get into their inspirations and musical thoughts.
01. when did you started making music and where the inspiration for the name palpitation came from?
we started making music together in 2007. we wrote some songs and all through that period our feelings were controlled by palpitations, which means an irregular heartbeat. palpitation is the main feeling when we write our songs.
02. talk a bit about your world. influences, inspirations...
we are more influenced by single songs and movies and feelings rather than any particular bands. it varies very much from day to day, hour to hour.
03. your first ep is from 2008. immediately, it caught the attention of everyone that listened to it due to the foggy-roughy vocals and the fresh melodics. In which context it was made? What were your expectations while making it?
we went to a house on the countryside far away from where we live and recorded both the ep and the album. it's very quiet there and you have nothing to do but think and play music.
04. 'next stop tennessee' still is one of my favorite songs from you. It's catchy and the naivety on the lyrics is simply gorgeous. Could you talk about it?
simple lyrics need simple context and simple melodies. i think maybe thats all that i can say about it.
05. i'm not gonna ask about future releases because you've just released your debut álbum on luxury records. Looking to your two releases, it feels like the ep is the prologue and the álbum the development of a beautiful and delicate view on love and the different ways it makes you feel (with an emphasis on feeling blue or hurt). In which way (or ways) the making of the álbum was different comparing to the ep? And in which stage of the recording process luxury records signed you?
we worked on the album for 2 years, and the fact that we gave the album two years gave it more thought than the ep, which we just wrote and recorded in like 2 seconds. luxury signed us when the album was already in press, like a month before the release in april.
06. do you get to live of music or have another job?
we can't live of our music, we have other jobs and we also go to school.
07. any song you'd like to cover?
we would like to cover "time after time" with cindy lauper!!!!!
08. name the perfect place and time to hear your music.
the perfect place and time to hear our music is on a train when the sun rises.
09. recommend something you've been listening lately.
we have been listening to beach house and radio dept. lately.
at their website, you can download the first single of their album called 'what if'.