"Embracing a DIY ethic and a broad definition of the term “pop,” February promotes a wide variety of music — from punk pop, rock, powerpop and psych to folk, twee and pure indiepop."
Danny is the guy running it and throughout the past year or so, managed to release a small but strong collection of new artists. You can get some of the releases for free. Be sure to check the compilation 'One year of Original Music From February Records', the best compilation of the year.
site facebook twitter
"There was so much good music this year — and so much I didn't get a chance to listen to. I can think of at least five albums I didn't get to hear that would probably have made these lists. From what I was fortunate enough to hear, these are the ones that really stood out. It looks like it was a really good year for female vocals, Slumberland Records and Comet Gain. I purposely left February Records releases off the list.
5. VERONICA FALLS S/T (Slumberland) (link)
4. CAT NAPS WHY DON'T YOU WHISPER? (self-released) (link)
3. GOLD BEARS ARE YOU FALLING IN LOVE? (Slumberland) (link)
2. DUM DUM GIRLS ONLY IN DREAMS (Sub Pop) (link)
1. COMET GAIN HOWL OF THE LONELY CROWD (What's Your Rupture?) (link)
5. POCKETBOOKS CAROUSEL (Oddbox) (link)
4. FIREFLIES AUTUMN ALMANAC (Happy Prince) (link)
3. GIRLS NAMES DEAD TO ME (Slumberland) (link)
2. SEAPONY GO WITH ME (Hardly Art) (link)
1. WILD FLAG S/T (Merge) (link)
5. TINY FIREFLIES CHANGE (Little Treasure) (link)
4. KIDS ON A CRIME SPREE WE LOVE YOU SO BAD (Slumberland) (link)
3. BURNING HEARTS INTO THE WILDERNESS (Shelflife) (link)
2. BRAVE IRENE S/T (Slumberland) (link)
1. CHALK AND NUMBERS HE KNEW (self-released) (link)